Land managers, volunteer coordinators, trail and park organizations…we want to send you hardworking and dedicated volunteers to fulfill your trail project needs in 2016 (we are no longer accepting crew requests for 2015). See how you can request a volunteer crew for 2016 below. We understand that with reduced budgets and limited resources, trail building and maintaining needs often get backlogged or remain incomplete. Our Volunteer Vacations program is designed to send you a crew of eager volunteers, ready to assist with your trail needs.
- Promotion of your trip nationally through our website, printed trip schedule, industry events and through our sponsors and partners
- Logistical support and communication throughout the planning and trip process
- Volunteer food stipend for trips that cannot provide food
- Assistance from a volunteer crew leader who will aid with menu planning, food shopping and lodging logistics
- Project plan and backup plan
- Technical expertise and supervision for the volunteers
- Lodging/Accommodations for volunteers (cabin, lodge, house, improved or primitive campsite)
- Tools & safety equipment/first-aid supplies
- Group cooking supplies including stove, pots, pans, utensils, and fuel (see full list)
- Airport Pickup and Drop-off for volunteers (not required but highly recommended)
- Volunteer labor and eager attitudes!
- Camping gear (backpack, sleeping bag, tent, personal items) if indoor accommodations are not provided
- Travel to and from a predetermined pick-up point, generally the closest major airport
If you need further information about hosting a Volunteer Vacation, please contact
Libby Wile at LWile@americanhiking.org or call 800-972-8608 ext. 704.